Welcome to fuel a fire
Fuel A Fire believes everyone is born with a spark inside them that is either fueled or extinguished over time. The mission of Fuel A Fire is to encourage and support the entrepreneurial vision globally. While there are varying organizations that provide mechanisms to support entrepreneurs, Fuel A Fire is unique in that we have chosen to support the most impoverished in the global community.
Around the world, many creative and intelligent people are mired in poverty because they lack access to capital. Microfinance services can make the difference between economic entrapment and the realization of their dreams.
Fuel A Fire programs offer a sustainable alternative to the short-term forms of charity which have often left a wake of disempowerment in developing countries. Fuel A Fire doesn't give a handout, it offers a hand up. It demands ownership and active participation from the beneficiaries of the investments. Microloan recipients can take pride in knowing that their own hard work has made the difference between poverty and provision.
We envision a world where all people - even in the most remote areas of the globe - hold the power to create opportunity for themselves and others. We believe providing safe, affordable access to capital to those in need helps people create better lives for themselves and their families.
Fuel A Fire Program Features:
- Clients are trained on various aspects of running a business such as planning, budgeting, marketing and distribution.
- Clients are given access to prior beneficiaries as mentors who have walked in their shoes and now run successful businesses.
- Through micro-lending, clients are given access to the necessary funding for their startup.
- Weekly meetings with their loan officer
- Each client is placed in a forum
- Each forum member co-signs on one another's loans creating an added layer of accountability
- Forum experience with trained moderators
- Meet weekly to present problem-solving opportunities and experience sharing